Thursday, June 28, 2012
The FMCSA is a shoot-off of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and was created pursuant to the Motor Carrier Safety Improvement Act of 1999. Prior to this, not all car transporters were practicing the safety that you can now expect from car transport companies. With over 1,000 employees across all 50 states, the FMCSA ensures that the car transporters and bussing and trucking industries practice safety which will not only reduce property damage, but save lives as well.
The primary mission of the FMCSA is to reduce injuries and fatalities due to automobile crashes and accidents which involve large trucks and buses. This includes car transport carriers.
Choosing FMCSA Following Car Transport Companies Means Safety
The top car transport companies will strictly adhere to these guidelines put forth by the FMCSA in order to provide you with the best car transport services. By following nationwide standards, a car transport company will be able to ensure:
- Affordable car transport rates
- The safety your car and other drivers on the road deserve
- The most efficient way to transport your car any amount of distance
Some of the codes which the best car transport companies adhere strictly to which were put into motion by the FMCSA and USDOT are:
- The development and enforcing of regulations which were put in place based on data acquired over years of study which balance out the car transporters safety and efficacy. In essence, these allow for the optimum balance of safety and efficiency when it comes to transporting your car.
- Constructing targeted educational messages to the drivers of car transport carriers as well as other commercial drivers and the general public
- Making sure that safety informational systems focus on the high risk car transport carriers (specific model carriers and/or companies with a high accident rate) in order to better enforce safety regulations
- Partnering with stakeholders including federal, state, and local enforcement agencies, the motor carrier industry, safety groups, and organized labor on efforts to reduce bus and truck-related crashes.
Because the FMCSA requires that cargo insurance policies be in place for car transport trailers, making sure that the car transporters you choose to entrust your automobile to offer cargo insurance is vital. Further, making sure that the car transport professionals you choose are authorized to operate on the roads of North America by way of permit is essential to not only your car’s safety, but other motorists as well.
Choosing a car transporter that pays strict attention to the FMCSA codes will ensure that their focus is on delivering your car safely and securely, not jam packing as many cars as they can onto one trailer to cut down on costs and increase profits. Instead, car transport companies that follow the FMCSA's regulations to the letter provide you with something much more valuable to them than money: carrier confidence which promotes repeat business.
Content syndicated on behalf of National Transport LLC with their express permission. All Rights Reserved 2012.
Finding A FMCSA Regulated Car Transporter
If you value your car’s safety and those on the road around you, click here right now to find the top car transporters in the nation.
You see, I thought I’d be smart and save a few dollars on car shipping rates by eliminating the car shipping companies and hauling them myself. I purchased an out of commission car shipping trailer for fairly cheap at an auto auction, hooked it to the back of my diesel-fueled truck and off I went.
The first twenty or so trips went off without a hitch. Now, granted, I was doing most of my car shipping at night, so that may have been the reason I wasn’t stopped. But, regardless of the reason, the fact is that I wasn’t. But, what happened next shocked me, and probably will do the same to you if you’ve been avoiding car shipping companies like I was.
One day, while shipping my cars from my bigger lot to my smaller lot after a good weekend of sales, I was pulled over by a highway patrolman who asked for my license, registration and USDOT number. He also asked why the USDOT number wasn’t displayed and which of the car shipping companies I worked for.
I handed over my license and registration and laughed, explaining that I did my own car shipping so as to avoid car shipping rates from car shipping companies. Unfortunately, he didn’t share my same amusement from my thrifty ingenuity and asked me to stay in the cab while he went back to his car.
To make a long story short, I soon found out that there are federal and state rules which regulate the car shipping industry. Because I was considered to be operating a commercial vehicle and hauling cargo, I was informed that I was in some trouble.
Car Shipping Regulations
After pleading my case, I was let off with a hefty fine and had my cars impounded, a harsh lesson, but better than going to jail, I suppose. The only way I avoided that was by promising that I’d look into car shipping laws and start using car shipping companies next time. I promptly did so.
What I found out was that if you’re operating a truck for private purposes, regardless of trailer attachment or not, there are still regulations you must follow. But since I was operating it for business purposes, there were a whole slew of things I was doing wrong.
Most importantly, you need to have a USDOT number printed on the cab of each car shipping carrier. This ensures that the car shipping carrier is working for legitimate car shipping companies and is not price gouging or undercutting current standard car shipping rates. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration puts it this way:
“Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA…The USDOT Number serves as a unique identifier when collecting and monitoring a company’s safety information acquired during audits, compliance reviews, crash investigations, and inspections.”
Then I saw how much a USDOT number cost. Well, that was enough for me to finally bite the bullet and go with professional car shipping companies.
To my surprise, when I got the car shipping quotes, it was actually less than I was spending hauling the cars myself; and that’s not including the fines and costs!
Content syndicated on behalf of National Transport LLC with their express permission. All Rights Reserved 2012.
Finding What I Found Out The Hard Way
So, if you want to avoid all the headache and hassle I encountered, do yourself a favor and click here right now. This is THE best car shipping company I found. Not only are the prices the best, but the quality of service and speed of delivery is better than I could have ever done myself!
But now, thanks to the globalization of the car shipping services market on the Internet along with the establishment of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) in the year 2000 to ensure that car transport companies have a strict set of guidelines to follow when it comes to auto shipping quotes and safety, the power to find the best deal is in your hands.
Auto Shipping Quotes
To start off with, most auto shipping websites will offer you a chart in which you can input the following information to help better assess your auto shipping quotes’ accuracy:
- Car make and model
- Year car was manufactured
- Running condition of the car
- Pickup location
- Delivery location
- Time frame delivery is needed
- Delivery options
- Transportation options (open or enclosed: more on that in a bit)
Options In Shipping That Effect Auto Shipping Quotes
But not all auto shipping quotes will be instantly deliverable. That’s because there are a few options which might make your quote more or less, depending on the circumstances. Let’s take a look at two in order to give you a better understanding of how car shipping services calculate their auto shipping quotes:
- Enclosed versus open shipping:There are two types of carriers that car shipping services use when shipping a car: enclosed and open. Chances are you’ve probably seen them both on the road while driving; you just didn’t know what they were called until now. An open shipping carrier is one in which you can see the cars. They carriers themselves often look like the structure of a bridge and are painted bright colors like neon green for visibility. While this option is cheaper, it does open your car up to flying debris damage that may occur on the road. Most people don’t pay much mind to this as cars encounter that same risk on their own everyday while you drive around in them. But owners of classic cars and exotic cars normally prefer enclosed carriers when shipping a car. That’s because the pristine condition of these cars directly dictate their value, making them require more protection from the outside elements. Of course, you pay an increased amount from this added protection.
- Boats/Heavy Equipment/Etc. Of course, car shipping services may charge you more than they do for shipping a car if the vehicle is equipment, a boat, a large truck or something of the sort. Then again, since these require special shipping conditions, it’s fairly easy to see why this would be.
Finding The Best Auto Shipping Quotes
So, if you’re ready to get your auto shipping quotes today, even if you’re just pricing car shipping services, click here right now to get a free, no-obligation quote from one of the best transport companies around.
Asbestos is a fibrous mineral that occurs naturally in the environment and has been used extensively in thousands of products since the last century. It is resistant to heat and corrosion and, because it is a fiber, it can be weaved into other materials. Because of these characteristics asbestos was often mixed with other materials. As a result, many products and building materials contained asbestos. Older homes and buildings, especially those built before the mid-1970’s, may contain asbestos in some of their building materials, especially around boilers, ceiling tiles, sprayed coatings, pipe insulation, and conduit.
There are three kinds of asbestos, known as white, blue and brown. Chrysotile or"White" asbestos is acquired from serpentine rocks and is the most commonly used in industry. In the United States, chrysotile was most extensively used and was present in a wide variety of materials. Amosite or the Brown asbestos is commonly found in South Africa. The third type is"Blue" asbestos or Crocidolite.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, International Agency for Research on Cancer and the EPA have classified asbestos as a known human carcinogen or a substance that causes cancer. In 1989, the EPA issued the Asbestos Ban and Phase Out Rule. This rule was overturned in the case of Corrosion Proof Fittings v. EPA, 947 F.2d 1201 (5th Cir. 1991). Unfortunately, this ruling leaves many consumer products that can still legally contain trace amounts of asbestos.
The position of most health authorities is that if asbestos is left undisturbed and its fibers are not airborne then it poses little danger. However, once fibers become airborne and are “friable” and can be ingested or inhaled then it is dangerous and can lead to asbestos-related diseases such as asbestosis and lung cancer. Why is it so dangerous? One theory has to do with fiber size. Asbestos fibers are microscopic and the body is ill-equip to filter out such small particles. The fibers can them become lodged in the lungs and other organs where they can set the stage for disease many decades later.
Content distributed on behalf of Surviving Mesothelioma with their express permission. All Rights Reserved 2012.
To find out more about asbestos and how it can cause Mesothelioma please visit the website where you can download a free book with all of the relevant information.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is for educational and informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this article.
And in truth, for some, it can be totally normal to experiment with different things. The teenage years are a perfect time for that. But when does experimentation cross the line into addiction? And when might it be time to begin looking at the drug rehab centers in Texas?
Knowing What To Look For
The signs of drug addiction are fairly easy to spot if you know what to look for. While the earlier signs may be easy to miss, they are the most important to pick up because the earlier you have an intervention, the sooner you can confront the addict about their drug or alcohol addiction.
Early Warning Signs Of Drug Addiction
It is extremely important that you be honest with yourself here. If you or any other loved one are experiencing any of these signs, beginning to look at a drug recovery center in Texas is strongly recommended.
- Using drugs every weekend or each day after school
- Including drugs in all social functions and gatherings
- The feeling that things are more fun with drugs to the point where you don’t do anything without them
- Making drugs a priority (i.e. not going to hang out because there are no drugs)
- Being broke due to drug purchases
- When experimentation isn’t just at a party; it’s your every day
- Using more than one drug at a time
- Pressuring others to use drugs with you
- Only hanging around people who do drugs
- Denying drug problems
- Saying to yourself, “I can quit at any time”
- Hiding your drug use from friends
- Feeling embarrassed if others were to find out you are taking drugs
- Falling behind on schoolwork
- Sleeping all day
- The increased need to be alone
- The feeling of insatiability for drugs
- Binging for days
Because drug addiction is serious due to the addictive nature and feelings of euphoria, there really is no middle stage of warning signs. If you or your child is experiencing any of the following, it is certainly past time to consider a drug recovery center in Texas today. The state has some of the best drug rehab centers, including the top drug recovery center in Austin (see link below).
- Lying to cover up reasons why responsibilities are shirked or about drug use
- Stealing to support drug habit
- Changes in grooming habits and appearance
- Mood swings
- Poor grades
- Complete change of lifelong friends
- Quitting sports, clubs or other extracurricular activities
- Taking drugs alone
- Needing drugs to feel normal
- Cycling drugs (uppers to get up, downers to sleep, etc.)
The Best Drug Rehab Center In Austin
If you feel that things on this list apply to you, you owe it to yourself, your parents and your future children to contact a drug recovery program. For the best drug recovery center in Austin, click here now.
Things To Consider When Installing A Fence Besides Whether It Should Be An Aluminum Fence or a Vinyl Fence
Well, in the interest of time (yours AND ours) to sum it up, you have three good options:
- Have a professional fencing company install your fence for you
- Build your own fence from scratch and install it yourself
- Have a professional ship you the assembled fence parts in sections and you install it those yourself
For most, the choice is fairly easy already, but just in case it isn’t, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each before we figure out if you need a vinyl fence or aluminum fence.
Professional Fence Installation
Here, the pros are fairly obvious:
- You get to sit around and watch television while your fence is installed
- You can expect a quality fence or at least a warranty that tells you that you can expect one
- Did we mention sitting around doing nothing?
- You typically have to deal with two groups of professionals here: the estimators and the builders
- The estimators don’t talk to the builders so costs normally run over estimates
- Waiting for the estimators to come takes a week or two
- Waiting for the estimators to send the builders the specs takes another one or two weeks
- The builders then wait for the supplies and the proper scheduling, taking two more weeks
- The fence takes a few more weeks to install
Building Your Own Fence
Here, there are really only the obvious pros:
- You get to go out there and build your vision
- You get to work with your hands on the lay of the land
- If you have children to help, they’re good, free labor. Or quality time. (It’s all in the labeling.)
- Every time you look at that fence, you can be proud (if it makes it past the wind)
- What do you really know about building a fence?
- Costs are often far off budget with your first fence
- What do you really know about building a fence?
The Best Of Both Worlds: Pre-made Fences You Install
So, let’s take the best of the above pros:
- Getting dependable quality you can afford
- Working with your hands
- Receiving the fence quickly and installing at the speed you want
- Having something sturdy and effective that you can be proud of
- Your kids may charge you for the help
Content syndicated on behalf of Global Fence and Gate with their express permission. All Rights Reserved 2012.
Where to Order the Best Professional Pre-Made Fence
So, if you’re ready for the best of both worlds, whether you go with the aluminum fence or the vinyl fence, click here right now to save money and receive free shipping on professional, guaranteed fences!