And in truth, for some, it can be totally normal to experiment with different things. The teenage years are a perfect time for that. But when does experimentation cross the line into addiction? And when might it be time to begin looking at the drug rehab centers in Texas?
Knowing What To Look For
The signs of drug addiction are fairly easy to spot if you know what to look for. While the earlier signs may be easy to miss, they are the most important to pick up because the earlier you have an intervention, the sooner you can confront the addict about their drug or alcohol addiction.
Early Warning Signs Of Drug Addiction
It is extremely important that you be honest with yourself here. If you or any other loved one are experiencing any of these signs, beginning to look at a drug recovery center in Texas is strongly recommended.
- Using drugs every weekend or each day after school
- Including drugs in all social functions and gatherings
- The feeling that things are more fun with drugs to the point where you don’t do anything without them
- Making drugs a priority (i.e. not going to hang out because there are no drugs)
- Being broke due to drug purchases
- When experimentation isn’t just at a party; it’s your every day
- Using more than one drug at a time
- Pressuring others to use drugs with you
- Only hanging around people who do drugs
- Denying drug problems
- Saying to yourself, “I can quit at any time”
- Hiding your drug use from friends
- Feeling embarrassed if others were to find out you are taking drugs
- Falling behind on schoolwork
- Sleeping all day
- The increased need to be alone
- The feeling of insatiability for drugs
- Binging for days
Because drug addiction is serious due to the addictive nature and feelings of euphoria, there really is no middle stage of warning signs. If you or your child is experiencing any of the following, it is certainly past time to consider a drug recovery center in Texas today. The state has some of the best drug rehab centers, including the top drug recovery center in Austin (see link below).
- Lying to cover up reasons why responsibilities are shirked or about drug use
- Stealing to support drug habit
- Changes in grooming habits and appearance
- Mood swings
- Poor grades
- Complete change of lifelong friends
- Quitting sports, clubs or other extracurricular activities
- Taking drugs alone
- Needing drugs to feel normal
- Cycling drugs (uppers to get up, downers to sleep, etc.)
The Best Drug Rehab Center In Austin
If you feel that things on this list apply to you, you owe it to yourself, your parents and your future children to contact a drug recovery program. For the best drug recovery center in Austin, click here now.