Regardless of what you buy nowadays, everything has to come with a warranty. There’s just no point in buying something that a company doesn’t stand behind. If you find a product that doesn’t offer at least some type of warranty, drop it right away and get as far away from that company as possible.
This couldn’t be more true than when you’re dealing with a vinyl fence or aluminum fence from fence companies. If their fencing product is not good enough for them to stand behind without some type of warranty, what makes you think it’s good enough to protect your home and property? Do you really think that a fence without a warranty is going to stand up to the abuse that Mother Nature doles out, or that burglar who is so intent on getting inside and stealing your property? Or even you two-year old child; would you trust a fence without a warranty to keep them out of the street where they can get run over?
In fact, scratch what we said before. Unless a fence company is offering you a lifetime warranty, chances are you shouldn’t trust their product with something as important as your family’s safety. With that said, let’s take a look at a few things you should look for in a vinyl fence lifetime warranty and an aluminum fence lifetime warranty.
Lifetime Warranties on a Vinyl Fence
Here’s a list of some of the types of things that you should look for in your vinyl fence warranty. When you see that these things are covered for life, you know that you’ve found a product that you can trust your family’s and your property’s safety to, as well as knowing that the aesthetics won’t fade after a few years. Vinyl fence lifetime warranties should:
- Ensure that their products are now and will remain free from defective workmanship
- Cover the original owner’s complete lifetime from the date of original installation
- Ensure that under normal and proper usage, none of the following will occur: peeling, rot, damage from ground insects, splitting, corrosion, flaking, rusting and blistering, abnormal weathering or abnormal discoloration
- Have additional clauses of at least 20 years for any vinyl fence installed on condominiums, apartment buildings, and rental property – or on property owned by other owners including corporations, government agencies, partnerships, trusts, religious organizations, cooperatives, etc.
Lifetime Warranties on an Aluminum Fence
Because an aluminum fence is more than likely going to be used in an area where security is the main purpose of the fence, it is very important that the lifetime warranty include the following:
- A guarantee against any defects in workmanship
- A guarantee that any powder coat finish will not chip, peel, crack or flake and that the fence will never rust for as long as you own the product.
- A clause of at least 30 years for any aluminum fence that is sold to a business, corporation or partnership (i.e. not an individual owner).
- A guarantee that the fence will be repaired or replaced upon determination of defect
Content distributed on behalf of Global Fence and Gate with their express permission. All Rights Reserved 2012.
Finding A Fence Company With The Best Lifetime Warranty
If you're looking for either an aluminum fence or a vinyl fence with a lifetime warranty which tells you that the manufacturers stand behind the quality of their product, click here right now to see the many different styles of quality fencing that await you and your family.