Negative online content is a serious problem for any person or business. There are different places online where people can mention you or talk about your business either in a constructive or damaging way. Nowadays, most consumers will do a research first before buying a certain product or using a particular service. Consumer complaint websites have become rampant and are extremely influential where they allow anyone to leave feedback and post reviews. It may be confusing or you usually don't know where to begin when it comes to monitoring and managing your online reputation so here are a few tips for you to get started.
Here are 8 Reputation Management Tips
1. Google Yourself - Take time to Google your business name to find out what is being said about your business online.
2. Answer Negative Comments - Do not ignore negative comments. Be proactive and talk to the person who wrote the review to see how you can fix the problem.
3. Start Blogging - Blog posts help push down negative reviews and get them off of page one. The more you blog, the faster your blog posts will fill up the search engine results.
4. Submit Press Releases - Publish press releases on a regular basis to keep a steady stream of fresh and positive content on the web about you or your business.
5. Get Social - Google places a lot of quality on social media sites - the more social media profiles you have, the better. You can also ask your happy and satisfied customers to leave reviews for your service or company.
6. Join Industry Specific Forums - Find forums related to your industry and join them. Become active on these forums and always have your business link your signature if allowed.
7. Practice Search Engine Optimization - SEO is good for more exposure and for building s strong reputation in terms of relevance and importance. Make sure your website and other web properties are fully optimized.
8. Think Before You Speak Online - once you post information on the web, it is out there and can't be taken back so post carefully.
Making a strong reputation whether online or offline is quite significant for any business or individual. People, businesses, or even employers would likely refuse to interact or do business with a person or company if they found negative information about them in the Internet. Online Reputation Management companies offer various online reputation services to help people and businesses remove negative content. These companies are also responsible of monitoring or keeping track of their social media presence. Consider online reputation management as an online version of Public Relations. It is simply improving your public image or your business' image online using the right plan of action.