The FMCSA is a shoot-off of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and was created pursuant to the Motor Carrier Safety Improvement Act of 1999. Prior to this, not all car transporters were practicing the safety that you can now expect from car transport companies. With over 1,000 employees across all 50 states, the FMCSA ensures that the car transporters and bussing and trucking industries practice safety which will not only reduce property damage, but save lives as well.
The primary mission of the FMCSA is to reduce injuries and fatalities due to automobile crashes and accidents which involve large trucks and buses. This includes car transport carriers.
Choosing FMCSA Following Car Transport Companies Means Safety
The top car transport companies will strictly adhere to these guidelines put forth by the FMCSA in order to provide you with the best car transport services. By following nationwide standards, a car transport company will be able to ensure:
- Affordable car transport rates
- The safety your car and other drivers on the road deserve
- The most efficient way to transport your car any amount of distance
Some of the codes which the best car transport companies adhere strictly to which were put into motion by the FMCSA and USDOT are:
- The development and enforcing of regulations which were put in place based on data acquired over years of study which balance out the car transporters safety and efficacy. In essence, these allow for the optimum balance of safety and efficiency when it comes to transporting your car.
- Constructing targeted educational messages to the drivers of car transport carriers as well as other commercial drivers and the general public
- Making sure that safety informational systems focus on the high risk car transport carriers (specific model carriers and/or companies with a high accident rate) in order to better enforce safety regulations
- Partnering with stakeholders including federal, state, and local enforcement agencies, the motor carrier industry, safety groups, and organized labor on efforts to reduce bus and truck-related crashes.
Because the FMCSA requires that cargo insurance policies be in place for car transport trailers, making sure that the car transporters you choose to entrust your automobile to offer cargo insurance is vital. Further, making sure that the car transport professionals you choose are authorized to operate on the roads of North America by way of permit is essential to not only your car’s safety, but other motorists as well.
Choosing a car transporter that pays strict attention to the FMCSA codes will ensure that their focus is on delivering your car safely and securely, not jam packing as many cars as they can onto one trailer to cut down on costs and increase profits. Instead, car transport companies that follow the FMCSA's regulations to the letter provide you with something much more valuable to them than money: carrier confidence which promotes repeat business.
Content syndicated on behalf of National Transport LLC with their express permission. All Rights Reserved 2012.
Finding A FMCSA Regulated Car Transporter
If you value your car’s safety and those on the road around you, click here right now to find the top car transporters in the nation.